- Breakfast with
- Santa (reschedule as something else or not?)
January 10th day of school, Feb is dance social, April spring ideas
Gretchen can ask about pancake guy in spring for April- could be a
Ask Angela about Santa coming to Polar Express movie night
- Principal report/Announcements
Reminder: Project Warm-Up Dec 7 during school with buddy classrooms with classrooms
Sat, Dec 8 from 11-3 for Project Warm Up
Other schools are supporting the effort of making blankets- Thank you!
Friday, Dec 14 is winter festival and piece of cake fundraiser
Thurs, Dec 20 is cultural rotations where teachers present how they
celebrate the holidays in their country or holiday tradition
- Gretchen brought
- up Dec 18 as a day for PTO to give teachers a “thank you for the first half of the year”
Tracy or Jen can share the teacher preference spreadsheet
Have something small and separate for custodians and lunchroom staff
70 staff members
7 businesses are willing to donate some gift cards or prizes- Gretchen
- Budget information
- (Jen reports for Fenecia)
As of 12/5 we have a balance of $4994.84.
- We are anticipating a large boost this month with Piece of Cake and some spirit wear sales – Hopefully $10,000.
- If the Piece of Cake fundraiser goes well we will be on track to give each teacher $150 for the Spring.
- I have not received any requests for Breakfast with Santa reimbursements, but I have not had a chance to check the school mailbox this week.
- I had Tax Consultants file the official form to keep our tax exempt status. The cost was $50. We need to do this annually. It had not been done before.
- Online Apparel
- Store: closed, but will reopen after holidays
We ordered some samples of the new items, so people can see them up close
- Fri, Dec 14
- Piece of Cake fundraiser (Sara B, present at meeting)
- spirit wear available during winter festival and piece of cake
- New flyers to go out next week
- Non-baked goods are welcomed too
- Donation letter available for businesses that need one for taxes
- Have multiple $1 baked goods for purchase
- Have labels so we new what is gluten free, has dairy, has nuts
- Angela E, Shannon H are good contacts for donations
- Need help on the Thursday before with pricing and preparing
- Drop off area to make it easier for office staff
- Purpose for funds: large items needed for school; rock wall, equipment?
– Volunteer lists
Board would like to meet to help engage the committee so everyone has a part in
- Spring conferences
- Spring Book Fair
- Spring Dance
- Read Across America
- Quiz Bow
– Ideas for speakers: Math, support ideas in English or Spanish, Writing, Social
– NEXT PTO meeting is Monday, January 7 at 6:00 pm in Sonia Sotomayor