October 9 2017 SSE PTO meeting (6:30 p.m.)
Coming Soon: Conferences and Book Fair October 17 and October 23
- Meals/donations needed for teachers: Taco Tuesday October 17 and Soups on October
- Volunteers needed for book fair and volunteer genius sign up will be sent out again and they will try to be open during the day
- Book fair—wish list for teachers and the books will be ordered after the fair so that the books for the fair will not be taken
- Friday 13th…help needed after 2.30 in SSE library to set up for book fair if anyone can show
- PTO will host a breakfast for teachers for orders
- Money from last year’s sale was held and will be presented to teachers this year for purchases
Flap Jacks and Santa So So DECEMBER 2ND 9 a.m. to 1p.m.
● Currently getting vendors—check with Angela if you are interested in being a vendor
PTO is starting a mentor program for parents of new students and with parents with older
● Melanie will be sending out sign up sheet for e-mails/phone numbers to pair up parents firstname.lastname@example.org
Spirit Wear: PTO will get more before Christmas and are currently looking into vendors and new products
Treasurers report $8657.90 in the account after sound system and poster printer have been ordered
We have a credit with inflatables due to cancellation of picnic friendship day; we did not lose money.
- Tumbler orders due October 10: The Tumbler fundraiser will be going toward Tracy’s trip to Mexico to get Spanish language books (not translated from English). Are working with middle and high school to get books. Also seeking to build bridges to get interns from Mexico.
- The latest a student can be taken out for an appointment is 2.15 p.m.and not be counted as absent
- Continue to read to students in English
- Office is trying to answer requests and respect the privacy of parents and students; thus providing e-mails etc. is not always possible due to district policy. Tracy did send out the opt in directory by parents.
- School web site has been updated please look through sotomayorsfsd AND LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF PAGE FOR THINGS LATEST UPDATES
- PASI just re-did web page and Great Gatherings information and purchasing tickets to either pay on-line or send a check in.
- PASI will try to sell wreaths at conferences
- Wreaths will be available before and after school the week of November 17
- If you can’t make the event the some auction items will be on-line and you will be alerted as to bidding (though not all auction items will be on-line)